So you want to see your pictures?:) When they are ready for proofing, I will email you your unique, password protected link. You will need both a 7 digit number AND a password. At that point you may either view the photos via that link on any web browser – or EVEN BETTER – you may view your pictures via ELM Fotographie’s very own Apple or Android Application!
Your friends and family members may also view your proofs via the apps or the link as long as they know the 7 digit number AND the password.
To get the FREE Apple app for your iPad or iPhone click here
To get the FREE Android app click here
You can also just search “ELM Fotographie” on your device’s application store to find it!
Depending on the time of year and scheduling, you can expect to have access to your gallery of proofs 2-3 weeks after your session. You will receive an email from me when they are ready. You may view your proofs via my iPhone/iPad/Android applications and via the unique Zenfolio link I will email you. Your link will be http://elmfotographie.zenfolio.com/ PLUS the last 7 digits of the phone number you entered on your ‘fun family fotoshoot form.’ The gallery will also be password protected and more than likely that password will be the mother’s first name. This same password information applies to the phone/ipad apps as well.
You will have one week from the time that I email you with the gallery link to decide which photos you would like. Remember that 10 digital files are included in the price of your session. If you need more than a week to decide, for a $25 fee your gallery can be reactivated for an additional week. I set this deadline because I must wrap up orders to make way for others – and I really appreciate you keeping to this timeline. I also want these images to you asap so you can hang them on your walls and show them off to friends and family!
STEP BY STEP: Using the ELM Fotographie App on your phone & ipad
The easiest way to select the images you want is to use the “favorite” marker offered on the Apple and Android applications. Simply follow these steps after you download the application from the marketplace! These steps are very detailed (and look long) but if you are pretty familiar with iphone/ipad apps you can probably figure most of this out on your own because the app is very user friendly! There is also a “tour” within the app that you can take.
1) “Swipe to Enter” as the screen prompts. Then click the little star symbol in the bottom right corner of the screen and choose “Login” and then “Register.” Enter all the information requested (and it IS case sensitive!) and click “register.” You will automatically be signed in at this point. If at any point you forget your password simply choose the “forgot password” that you see under “Login.” It will send a temporary password to your email address that lets you reset it. Creating an account like this will allow you to create, save, and send me a “favorites list” through the app. **If you are sharing with family or friends who just want to see the pictures they DO NO have to do this step. They can just download the app and use the password/gallery name. See below for directions on sharing with your friends and family.
2) Now choose “Home” which will take you back to the main screen. Click on the little lines in the bottom left corner of the screen and choose “Gallery.” Now enter the phone number you gave me in your online form (likely your cell phone 7 digits) and choose “view” and then enter your password (likely the mother’s first name – but there is a hint listed there too) and choose “view.” You now can see thumbnails of your gallery
3) Click on one of the photos and it will fill the screen – touch the screen again and you’ll see “favorites” at the bottom center – touch “favorites” and a white screen will appear where you can create different favorite lists. This is great because one family member might like certain photos and they can sign into your account and create lists that as well! To create a list to add your favorites to hit the “+” sign and then name it. Then select the list (it should be highlighted gray) and choose “done.”
4) Now as you view the photos on your app, notice the name of your list should be at the bottom of the screen and you can touch the favorite heart that appears at the bottom right of your screen if you’d like the photo to be added to that list. Notice that in the heart it keeps track of the number of pictures you have on that list.
5) Once you have looked through all of the photos and chosen your favorites, touch the name of your list at the bottom center again to bring up the favorites lists again and you can choose “view” to the right of your list name to see only your favorites. You can narrow your list further now by touching the heart to remove pictures from the list.
6) Once you have a final list of the photos you would like from your gallery, view that list again as in step 5 above (so that only your favorites are all shown as thumbnails on the screen) and touch the word “share” at the bottom of the screen. It will say you are about to share the photos with your photographer and you will choose “share” again. You may also just pull up your favorites lists again and “swipe” the list you want to share as well.
7) Now if you will just shoot me a text or email to let me know you’ve finalized your selections – and I can sign on and see them myself!
If you’d like to share your photos with friends or family, simply open your gallery and click on the little “box with an arrow” at the top right of the screen. This will prompt you to choose how you’d like to share (message, email, twitter) and have your password and gallery name already typed in – all you do is choose the contact to send it to!
If you do not have access via an iPhone/iPad/Android application (or you just want to see the pictures on a larger computer screen), you may view your gallery on Zenfolio via the link I email you as explained earlier. To choose your pictures simply send me an email and list the image numbers that you want. The numbers can be seen when you view the page with all of the thumbnails and hover your cursor over each photo. You can also see the numbers as you click through the images (top right – it might say “5 of 25” – and you’ll just call it “5”). If you make your selection this way, please just be very careful to give the correct numbers because that is how I will know which ones to give you !
If you would like to purchase prints or additional digital files, those prices are listed in the pdf document I sent you. Any items ordered beyond the 10 files included will be processed and you will receive your entire order after the balance has been paid in full.
If you decide later that you would like to purchase additional items, I will make every effort to accommodate you. I do backup my files and keep them for a bit – but I just can’t keep the files forever OR guarantee that a hard drive won’t crash later down the road!